lundi 31 août 2009

If I don't dedicate this post to Flopsy he'll kill me, so...for Flopsy


Okay, I promise this will be the last Parma ham/goat's cheese/fig post for a while, but as I mentioned in my previous post, it's leftovers time again. So this evening I did some fridge-diving and came up with the following:

a bagel
a fig (yes, I've been eating a lot of these recently, there are too many good ones at the local market)
goat's cheese (see 'fig')
Parma ham (see 'goat's cheese' and 'fig')
ricotta
mixed leaves

...these things were made for eachother!

The thing about bagels is that they don't seem quite right when there's no cream cheese. You try finding cream cheese in France. I saw it once, in a bagel shop over in the 6th, in pots that you could buy and take home. The bagel shop near me doesn't sell it though which is too bad because I'm not getting in the metro and schlepping over to the 6th in this heat (despite yesterday's dreams of Autumn, today is a very unacceptable 29°C) in the name of a sandwich. And anyway, newly bought cream cheese for the occasion would not count as leftovers so what I've got will have to do.

Here goes then, with how I assembled this little gem:

Cut the bagel in half and toast.

Spread ricotta on each slice. Top with goat's cheese and put under the grill for a few minutes until the cheese has melted and bubbled a little.

In the mean time, tear up the Parma ham, slice up the fig and prepare a little honey mustard (easy enough, honey and mustard in equal quantities, stir around and there you have it!)

Place the Parma Ham over the cheese on one slice, place the fig on top of that and then cover with as much honey mustard as pleases you.

Top with a few mixed leaves and sandwich it all up with the other bagel slice. It's not cream cheese, but it's good.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire